Ohio Wesleyan University (www.owu.edu) is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. Information Services at Ohio Wesleyan University has an opening for a Systems Analyst. This is a 12-month, full time, salaried position with university benefits.
You are a motivated Systems Analyst with experience focused on supporting Human Resources, Finance, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Accounting Offices. You are comfortable working closely with the client offices listed above and work in the Information Service Department. You are organized, efficient, able to solve problems and pivot around obstacles as needed. You are a good communicator and effective at working effectively with diverse students, faculty, and staff. You have a great attention to detail and ability to learn new technologies and bridge technical skill with people skills.
This is an exciting time to join Ohio Wesleyan University. We have just completed a comprehensive academic and administrative program review to better align our curricular offerings and administrative services to support student success. We seek to define the future of education at small private liberal arts colleges by expanding student opportunities through our signature experience, The OWU Connection, focused on life-changing high impact practices. We are hiring faculty and staff in new and exciting areas and are committed to the success of a diverse campus community, including students, faculty, and staff.
The Systems Analyst will be an expert in the systems supporting our user offices, create awareness of best practices regarding system usage, develop streamlined, efficient processes to reduce manual labor, troubleshoot system issues, and write programs for data integration and SQL reporting. This position will have the option to work remotely 2 days per week if desired, in coordination with our Senior Systems Analyst.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Support for User Offices
- Process gifts and student charges via daily imports
- Assist with payroll processing
- Create reports and conduct data analysis
- Reconcile data between systems / processes
- Troubleshoot system issues (database, ERP applications, batch processes, etc.)
- Provide back-office support during peak demand periods
- Streamline Processes / Continuous Improvement Opportunities
- Work with user offices to find ways to reduce manual processes
- Write programs to move data between and among systems
- Research third party software solutions that may create new efficiencies
- ERP Software System Maintenance
- Perform system upgrades, including vendor supplied patches
- Participate in testing, data validation, go live, and post go live support
- Review change logs to advise on upgrade timing
Factors contributing success:
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop solutions
- Sound professional judgment, flexibility, willingness to learn and implement new technologies, and the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity
- Willingness to engage with Ohio Wesleyan University’s mission and aims
- Experience with SQL highly preferred
- Experience writing programs / coding
Completed application packets will include:
1) Cover Letter with salary requirements
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Ohio Wesleyan University offers a rewarding place to work! To discover why this should be your next work home, visit our website. Learn more about our benefits at Discover our Benefits. As an equal opportunity institution, OWU has a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We do not discriminate on any basis including: race, religion, color, culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally protected factor.
NOTE: Employment sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. OWU requires COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Candidates who accept offers of employment must be able to provide proof of their vaccination status before their employment can be processed.