Join OWU’s $200 million Comprehensive Campaign:
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. The current $200 million “Connect Today, Create Tomorrow” comprehensive campaign is the largest in school history. To date, over $197 million has been raised around the priorities of investing in the faculty, student scholarships and financial aid, The OWU Connection, Capital Improvements and Annual Giving. The campaign is two full years ahead of schedule in commitments received.
The University’s Division of Advancement invites individuals who will advance the mission of Ohio Wesleyan by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni, parents, and friends. The University Advancement team prides itself on a family friendly work culture with flexibility in a collaborative environment. The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible to identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts of $100,000 and above to support the current Connect Today, Create Tomorrow campaign, as well as future fundraising endeavors. Successful candidates will have a minimum of three years of experience soliciting face-to-face gifts and be able to work collaboratively with multiple departments. Candidates who live outside of Central Ohio will be considered (especially those in the listed territories).
- Manage and build a portfolio of major gifts prospects
- Move the prospects through the donor engagement process
- Prepare and present major gifts proposals to alumni, parents, and friends with the input and assistance of staff and faculty members
- Collaborate with colleagues on key reunion classes, special projects, and the annual fund
- Travel to visit prospects on East and West Coasts, sometimes in conjunction with the OWU President and Vice President of University Advancement
- Attendance at regular monthly meetings and training on campus
- Work closely with colleagues across the campus to set donor strategy with a focus on soliciting and closing major gifts of $100,000 and above
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Major Gifts.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of three years of development/fundraising/sales experience, preferably in the field of higher education. Successful experience with personal solicitation of donors, in person or over the phone, is critical. Other qualifications include: the ability for significant travel and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, strong computer skills, attention to detail, ability to take initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a valid driver’s license.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
OHIO WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.