Our Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for Full-Cycle Accounts Payable processing including examining, verifying and reconciling a variety of transactions. This process includes daily matching and posting of a large volume of purchase orders to vendor invoices in our Jaggaer software. This individual is the primary liaison between the Accounting Department and the Purchasing Department and performs the day-to-day functions associated with Accounts Payable. They are also responsible for various financial and accounting activities and assists in preparing for the annual external audit. This position requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity and precision with the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare invoices, expense reports and disbursements for weekly check runs.
- Perform reconciliation steps associated with the accounts payable process.
- Monitor status of in process purchases.
- Responsible for corresponding with vendors and communicating with the campus community.
- Reconcile vendor statements and conduct vendor research.
- Develop procedures for effective accounts payable processing.
- Assist in implementing a year end invoice collection process.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Integrate data files into an accounting module.
- Process cashiering/banking transactions.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Report unclaimed funds to the State.
- Associate Degree in Accounting with one year of accounts payable experience, or a high school diploma with training in accounting or bookkeeping and four years of increasingly responsible bookkeeping experience, including two years of accounts payable experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with the accounts payable and purchasing process and performing related functions.
Additional Factors Contributing to Success:
- Experience working with an automated procurement system
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Account Software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Windows
- Demonstrate initiative, self-direction, ownership of projects, and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and take on new tasks if required
- Organized, able to set priorities, and accomplish daily tasks
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with students, staff, and faculty
- Experience in a higher education or not-for-profit organization
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Completed application packets will include:
1) Cover Letter with salary requirements
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3) The names, titles, and contact information for three professional references
Please e-mail application materials to: email@example.com
WHAT WE OFFER:
As an equal opportunity institution, OWU has a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We do not discriminate on any basis including: race, religion, color, culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally protected factor.
NOTE: Employment sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. OWU requires COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Candidates who accept offers of employment must be able to provide proof of their vaccination status before their employment can be process.